Thursday, February 11, 2010

Words of inspiration...

I'm feeling rather optimistic about the future for the first time in quite some while. It's been a rough road these past few months, well, these past three years..well, all my life, really. I feel as though I am in a place now where I can achieve anything. Part of this is simply that I have finally been getting enough sleep, part is the happiness of a new old friendship, and part is simply for no definable reason.
But I am happier than I remember being.

And so, some of my favorite inspirational quotes:

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. -Theodore Roosevelt

I think there is only one quality worse than hardness of heart and that is softness of head. -Theodore Roosevelt

It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. -Theodore Roosevelt

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. -Winston Churchill

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never! -Winston Churchill

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing. -Thomas Jefferson

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. -Ronald Reagan

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? -Sun Tzu

What say you climb down off your cross, use the wood to build a bridge, and GET OVER IT! -Christopher Titus

2 comments:

Laura Dale said...

Glad to see things are looking up for you. My personal favorite on your list was the Ronald Regan quote. Here are a couple that I found that I really liked.

"I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul" -William Ernest Henley

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude" -Amy Tan


Keep posting, I am loving your blog. Peeking into your thoughts is pretty cool.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear your outlook is improving.

I'm not afraid to fall
It means I climbed up high
To fall is not to fail
You fail when you don't try
I'm not afraid to fall
I might just learn to fly and
I will spread these wings of mine
-Superchick