Monday, June 9, 2008

A thank you for Matt G....

Back in January, I read this post from Matt.

I've been thinking about fresh roasted coffee since, and finally realized that I can roast my own coffee for less than I can buy a can of cheap swill in the store, let alone buying the whole bean stuff. So I used some of my "stimulus" check, and bought a Fresh Roast Plus 8 from Sweet Maria's.
Thor's Beard.....
I can't believe I was going without this stuff for so long. Even the worst of what I have done so far is orders of magnitude better than what comes in a can, even better than grinding store bought beans. And the caffeine content is MUCH higher, it seems. I'm actually saving money by roasting my own beans, and getting a better result in the bargain.

So, I raise my freshly roasted, ground and brewed cup of Papua New Guinea Peaberry in a toast to Matt. Thanks for giving me the knowledge to better myself (and if you don't believe coffee can make you a better man, that's because you've been drinking swill). And curse you for getting me hooked on roasting.
Now he's trying to convince me I need a French Press. Not that I wasn't thinking so, myself....and a burr grinder, and a water filtration system, and maybe some more of that Sumatra Mandheling.....

No comments: