Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Foolishness, folly and filthy traitors...

Over the last decade, as I have learned more and more about the things I was never taught in public school, I have at times been bemused, irritated, frightened, disgusted, and a range of other emotions. I have suffered an ever increasing concern over the direction I have seen this country taking. I have called, emailed and phoned politicians, from mayor to congressmen, all the way up to the president. I've passed out fliers and collected signatures for petitions. I have tried to organize people, even had a hand in a failed third party or two.

Through it all, I have tried to keep a cheerful outlook on things. At this juncture, all I feel is anger. Anger at the dirty rat bastards who passed this joke of a stimulus bill, casting my grandchildren into debt, and pulling the rug from under economic recovery, all in the name of political gain.

Furthermore, now some faceless government bureaucrat will tell my doctor how to best treat me? Unacceptable. I hear the rumblings of states who are near to fed up with the feds, and I wish my wife would pack up and move with me. Montana would be nice, where we can still get a piece of land and outfit it for survival. I see the grumblings of the discontent, and I wonder where the new patriots are.

I fear reasoned discourse may be a forgone conclusion at this point. The feds have pushed and pushed, and states are beginning to push back. We have a president whose idea of working with the losing team is to tell them, "I won", as though that is sufficient to invalidate their concerns. He has his pet chief of staff in charge of the census, and he has Congress dancing to his tune.

I see CA is possibly going to cut food stamps. Nothing good will come of that, though I would ordinarily be the first to applaud such a measure. It needs to be phased out, not yanked away. One by one, I see the bastions of reason and rationality crumbling. Daily, we hear of new legislation proposed to be rammed down our throats. Like children, we are told we will take our medicine, whether we like it or not.

I think we went wrong when we stopped using rope on journalists and politicians. Even as I write this, I fear a visit from stern faced men in suits who will question me for making threats.

Deep within, I feel the heat of a burning rage as it stirs to life. I hope to channel it into some useful form of action, but what? The left has shown us that peaceful protest does nothing, else the war would have ended years ago. Clearly the ballot box no longer works, as the number of useless morons now outnumber the thinking populace. The jury box is no good in a country where the education system has been turned against our history and civic duties. I shudder at the notion of civil war, but I greatly fear that is where we are headed.

I fear for my family. I fear for the future of our country. I fear for the unborn generations who may never know freedom, once the light of America is extinguished. I rage at the treason which has brought us to this place. Treason by the very people we elected to serve us.

No comments: