Monday, April 27, 2009

Miscellaneous Blatherings...

So, I hit my first weight loss goal last week. 36 pounds, which is 10% of my total body weight at the time I started on Weight Watchers. Yay, me! My energy level is increasing steadily, and my overall health is much better. Just hafta keep it up.

I see from my stats that I actually have visitors to my little corner of the web. Howdy, y'all! Sit down, drink somethin', leave a comment. Seriously, nice to know someone's at least reading this stuff.

Swine flu. Wow. You know, I never really got stirred up over the avian flu hoopla, but this stuff actually has me a little bit worried. Glad I got more preps laid in over the last couple of months. It gives me peace of mind that I can spend an extended amount of time at home without needing to visit the store. Who knows if we'll even remember this in ten years, but it has nasty potential, in my opinion.

Coffee. I have been putting off my planned green coffee purchase for some time, and making do with store bought stuff. It's difficult to throw down $100+ on coffee(orders over 25 pounds qualify for free shipping, which is a big deal when it ships from New Jersey), more so when things are as tight as they have been lately. Yesterday, I added together the dregs of a couple near empty bags of green beans, and got enough for a half pound. OMG, I can't believe I have been drinking that swill in a can. So, looks like I'm gonna have to tighten my belt a bit, and order some coffee, come payday.

Airforce One buzzing New York City? Who the hell authorized that little stunt? Idiots.

I saw a sign today, on the way through the next town. ".22 Ammo in", it said. I feel like I've gone crazy. Stores are actually putting out signs when they get shipments of .22 ammo. Holy Moly.

Well, that's what I have for now. All you anonymous readers, keep dropping in. It certainly adds a bit more pressure to write, when I know I have an audience.

No comments: