Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I need a larger coffee roaster...

The one I have only does a pot at a time. Therefore, I have to roast several times a day to feed my addiction. I found this one: Behmor Drum roaster at Sweet Maria's for just $299. A bit more than I can afford this moment, but as a planned purchase, quite doable. It can roast up to a full pound at once, and can do four batches in an hour. Very nice, I could roast my coffee for the week over an hour or so, and also give gifts to friends. The downside is that it isn't the best for darker roasts. since I started roasting my own though, I have discovered that coffee doesn't have to be roasted charcoal black to be drinkable. Indeed, one of my favorite roasts so far has been on the very light side.

Even my "accidents" have been better than anything I ever drank from the store, and better even than most "fresh roasted" beaneries. I cannot believe it took me so long to discover roasting my own!

No comments: